Recently I was looking for a snippets plugin for this very site. There’s a bunch out there, but none of them had everything I was looking for. So I set out to write my own.
Here’s some features of codeSnips:
- Using Custom Post Types, you can quickly create a snippet post
- Quickly create and embed code snippets on your site using a shortcode
- Syntax highlighting for 126 programming languages
- An archive list of all snippets using the Custom Post Type
- Raw view of the snippet -- ideal for copying without formatting
- Can embed multiple snippets per post
Here’s an example of a code snippet run by codeSnips. You can click “view raw” to see the raw version.
Here’s another snippet, showing you can have more than 1 snippet embedded with more than 1 programming language.
If you’re looking for a code snippet syntax highlighting plugin for WordPress, I say check out codeSnips!
If you enjoy codeSnips, please consider a donation! Plugins take a lot of time, energy and coffee. Buying me a coffee would help maintain the plugin and continue making new plugins!